So pretty – but what on earth do we call them?!

So pretty – but what on earth do we call them?!

Oh dear.  I am in a bit of a quandary.  What do you call these?  Actually I’m not in an immediate quandary because – not surprisingly – this particular item sold less than 30 minutes after I listed it, but just in case either you or I get another example in the future then surely we need to know what to call them.   Like everybody else, my first port of call is Google to see what the rest of the world calls them.  To be honest, all the alternatives are just as cumbersome as one another.   “Slip with built in panty” is a popular and fairly obvious one.   Then there’s “Slip and panty combo“, which is slightly better I suppose.  Next up is the awful “slip/panty combo“, something I’ll never use.  Its funny how its always ‘panty‘ and not ‘knickers‘ when it comes to describing these cuties too, but I won’t go down that route right now.  It just seems to me that these seemingly impractical yet incredibly pretty undergarments are sadly let down for want of a name.  No wonder they are not particularly common – nobody knows what to ask for.

So, am I missing something?   They certainly deserve a proper one-word name if there isn’t one out there already.  Shall we invent one then?  The ‘DreamDate‘?  Now there’s an idea.  “You look really sexy in that dreamdate”.  Hmmm.  Maybe not then.  In all seriousness, if you know what the correct un-cumbersome term is for these lovelies then please leave me a comment on this post.  I’d love to know your thoughts.  In the meantime though, enjoy these photos………

nylon half slip knickers


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *